Several businesses in our neighborhood have been burglarized recently. We want you to be aware of these incidents and take precaution to avoid further occurrences.
SFPD is investigating:
SFPD’s Burglary detail is investigating, and ISMA has also initiated contact with District 5 Supervisor Vallie Brown and the Taraval Police Station for support and further guidance. Taraval Station’s video retrieval officer has worked in conjunction with the Burglary detail in retrieving video and disseminating it Department-wide for possible identification of suspects. Taraval Station's patrol units have been advised of the incidents and have increased patrols in the area, among other activities aimed at preventing future incidents and catching the criminals responsible.
Nature of the break-ins:
They appear similar in nature and involve breaking the front door or window to gain access. Incidents seem to occur between 2am-4am. Items targeted appear to be iPads and cash.
What you can do:
- Lighting: Keep outdoor lighting on at night
- Security systems/motion sensors: Make sure your systems are on and activated
- Surveillance cameras: Make sure your systems are on and activated
- Security system sign: Post a sign in your window that your business is protected
- Police report: File a report with the police so that patterns of activity can be tracked
- Armor Glass: We learned of this solution from a few local businesses to minimize window breach by burglars. It is a high-tech polycarbonate film that is applied to your existing glass, which armors it from breach by impact by either hurricane-force winds or human intrusion.